20 years as an IT Security Engineer helps me to:
- focus on tasks and deliver them;
- work well in teams;
- make more informed decisions;
- solve problems more rapidly and with less fuss; and
- find and deliver solutions that require multiple teams to work together.
I am organized, positive, focused and work hard to ensure problems are untangled and projects are delivered.
SOAR project summary
I am a member of the team assigned to deploy, manage and use Splunk Phantom to automate IT security related processes and orchestrate threat driven automations at my current customer, globally.
As a team we have successfully maintained a stable, redundant platform while deploying numerous and varied automations over the last 2 years.
We have 31 automations in production, have upgraded the redundant (using Warm-Standby) platform from versions 4.0 through 4.9 and have our first "Self-Service" user automations in production.
As a team we have promoted the platform internally via training days, Tableau dashboards for management reporting and hackathon type challenges.
I am designated single point of contact and responsible for internal Compliance and Regulatory adherence.
SOAR project examples
- automation use case analysis (feasibility; usefulness) and design;
- playbook delivery using GUI where possible, custom code (python) where necessary (example: bypass local RestAPI under load for direct to Postgres);
- set-up and maintain Phantom Warm-Standby;
- Geneos and Splunk application monitoring;
- migrated Phantom to full clustering (7 nodes); and
- SDLC approach using Development, UAT and Production environments; change management; HP ALM.
- Network Security (Firewalls, Routers and Routing, Proxies, DNS)
- RHEL and CentOS server management (filesystems, user management, repos, backups, patching)
- IT Security Orchestration and Automation (Phantom, Cortex, use-case analysis, design and development)
- Microsoft Azure (VM deployment; MS Graph; Microsoft365)
- Google Cloud (VM Deployment)
- 2010 - present: redacted
- 2003 - 2010: redacted
- 2002 - 2003: redacted
- 1999 - 2002: redacted
BSc (hons) Computer Science degree from redacted